The origins of Grupo Urcisol go back to year 1972, when Alfonso García Zapata together with his wife María Inés and children, dedicated his efforts to sell retail sales produce that were bought from local farmers. We are a familiar business where three generations with more than forty years of experience work and communicate knowledge from father to son. From this time, our main aims have been the growth, the continuous investment and the startup of new products and cultivated area. Ever since the establishment of our company, the total amount of investments exceeds 150 million Euro, shared out as follows:
- The constant modernization of our factories in Águilas, La Campana y Cuevas de Almanzora has made possible the energy saving and a greater speed and quality for our packaging and labelling process.
- The startup and adjustment of new plantations have given us the opportunity to increase the cultivated area.
- The purchase of new farm machinery has allowed a greater speed of productive process and a general reduction in adjustment costs for lands, plantation and harvest.
- The birth of new products such as grave, varieties of peach and nectarine and citrus fruits over new hectares of agricultural land, suitable for cropping.
- New irrigation systems. Due to the modernization of our irrigation systems we have been able to take water saving to the extreme, keeping the quality of our crops. For instance, the Europe´s biggest private reservoir, which is located in Fuente del Pobre (farm house) in Águilas, with 1.000.000 m3 capacity.
- To this should be added the consecutive investment in desalination plants and the entry into new irrigators’ community which have encouraged a larger disposition of this most precious resource.
The average annual employment that our group is able to generate is around 2000 workers, between S.A.T Urcisol and its agricultural associates.
The Group Urcisol has about 35